No GRE required Universities in USA
The GRE is a standardized admissions test that is used to test the caliber of applicants aspiring to study a postgraduate Program abroad, especially in the USA. With a special focus on Science and Engineering, an excellent GRE score is considered extremely crucial in finding a place at a popular university.But did you know that there are a number of top-class American universities that have done away with the need of a student submitting a GRE score? Yes, you can join a postgraduate Program in the USA without writing the GRE. The detailed list given below consolidates the names of various American universities where you can study specific MS Programs without submitting a GRE score.
To Know More Information or wanted to share something with us - JUST SINGUP.
- Farleigh Dickinson University (NJ)
- Monmouth University (NJ)
- Montclair State University (NJ)
- The Richard Stockton College of NJ (NJ)
- Rowan University (NJ)
- Wichita State University
- Kansas State University
- Virginia State University
- Rivier University
- San Jose University – Computer Science
- California State University – Channel Islands – Computer Science
- California State University – Northbridge – Computer Science
- Bridge Port University – Computer Science
- Wichita State University – Computer Science
- Boston University CIS (Master of Science in Computer Information Systems)
- Norwich University CIS (Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance)
- University of Cincinnati – Master of Health Informatics
- Florida International University for MS, PhD in Computer Science
- Villanova University for MS in EE
- University of Idaho for MS in Environmental science and Computer Engineering
- West Texas A&M University
- University of Florida for Arts Education
- George Mason University (for Master in Health Information Systems and Civil Engineering)
- University of Oklahoma – Some Programs do not require GRE scores
- Oklahoma State University – Bio systems and Agricultural Engineering
- Washington State University – Few MS Programs
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln – Few engineering Programs
- University of Northern Virginia – Optional GRE for some Programs
- New Mexico State University – Few MS Programs have optional GRE
- University of Dayton – All Engineering Programs MS and M.Eng
- University of New Mexico – Biomedical science
- Ohio University – MHA – Masters in Health Administration (GRE is waived if GPA is 3.2 or +)
- California State University, Sacramento – Civil Engineering
- Norwich University – Civil Engineering
- Iowa State University - Civil Engineering
- University of Minnesota - Civil Engineering
- University of Washington - Civil Engineering
The GMAT is written by students aspiring to study a postgraduate Business Program in the USA, mainly the MBA. Some universities that allow students to opt for postgraduate Business Programs without submitting GMAT scores are:
- DePaul University - Kellstadt
- University of Phoenix
- Lake Forest College, Chicago
- Loyola University - Quinlan
- Boston University
- Villanova University
- Suffolk University - Sawyer
Disclaimer - General admission requirements and course-specific entry requirements are liable to be changed at the discretion of the University. Hence all prospective students are advised to cross-check with the Admissions Team of the concerned University if GRE/GMAT scores are needed or not.
So be it an MS, M.Tech or an MBA there are a number of leading universities that let you study a course of your choice without asking for GRE/GMAT scores. Given below are some other parameters, which universities use to judge the applicant’s caliber.
Exceptional GPA: Some universities choose to waive off the GRE/GMAT score if your grade point average is above 3.3 on a scale of 0 to 4. So it pays to focus on your undergraduate degree and achieving an excellent GPA.
Work Experience: Some universities waive off the GRE/GMAT if you have relevant work-experience of four years or more that is closely related to the degree that you aim to study.
Undergraduate Research Projects: There have been instances in the past wherein exceptional undergraduate research projects executed by students have led to the students being offered a place to study in leading universities.
We hope you found this article useful. If you are aware of other American universities accepting students without a GRE/GMAT score, you can share the names with us. Do call or chat with us and ask any questions you may have.
To Know More Information or wanted to share something with us -JUST SINGUP.