Documents Required for an F1 Visa Interview
Documents You Need for an F1 Visa Interview
Like with other Visa application interviews, the F1 Visa interview requires specific documentation that you must bring to the interview (to avoid 221g refusal, above all else). These items include the following:
- I-20/SEVIS form issued by the U.S University
- Completed DS-160 visa application form
- Receipt of the visa application fee
- SEVIS receipt fee
- Visa appointment letter
- Passport and recent photograph
- Academic certificates/documents, transcripts, SOP, original GRE and TOEFL score reports
- Documents that confirm your financial and personal tie-ups to your homeland, which proves your compulsory return after the completion of your course in the US
- If financially dependent, proof of relationship with the sponsor such as birth certificate is necessary along with the sponsor’s salary proof and job details
- Strong financial support documents and bank statements.
Apart from this documents maintain this tips for better reason
How to Dress for Your F1 Visa Interview
When going in for your F1 visa interview, you’ll want to make a good first impression. The problem with first impressions, though, is that they are made before you open your mouth. People form opinions about others immediately upon seeing them, so you want to make sure you’re dressed appropriately for your interview.
What is Considered Formal Attire?
Formal attire for men in the U.S. includes button-up shirts and slacks.
Formal attire for women in the U.S. includes dress blouses and slacks or formal Indian attire
Dress for the Weather and Season
Remember to wear clothing appropriate for the weather
Clothing in the U.S. is seasonal by color; pastels are work in the Spring and Summer and darker colors are worn in the Fall and Winter
Keep Accessories to a Minimum
For women, avoid anything dangling or distracting
For men, avoid accessories as much as is possible.
If your religion requires you to accessorize, keep it to the bare minimum allowed
Make Sure Your Clothes are Clean and Presentable
Interviewing can be a long process, so wrinkle-free or wrinkle-proof clothing is advised.
Make sure to iron or press your clothes before your interview
Make Sure You Smell Clean for Your Interview
It is advisable that you wear a neutral to lightly-scented deodorant, so as not to smell bad to too strongly
Make Sure You Look as Close to Your Passport Photo as Possible
If you wore glasses in your passport photo, wear them to the interview.
It is not advisable to get a haircut that is drastically different from the one in your passport photo
To know more SIGN UP- F1USAVISA.COM